Operating Systems Short Questions And Answers pdf eBook
The topic Operating System is included from elementary classes to the higher studies. It won’t be possible to focus the whole group of students in any study material. Thus, please see below ‘Who this eBook is for’ to check if it is suitable for you before downloading.
Who this eBook is for?
This ebook focuses the need and study of a higher secondary and bachelor’s degrees such as BCA, BIT and so on. Similarly it is equally useful if you are preparing for Computer Officer, Computer Engineer or IT Officers. Thus, the skill level required is from Intermediate to Advanced.
What is this eBook About?
There has always been lack of good preparation materials for Computer Science Studies. Though the efforts of a man can never fulfill the gap, but I hope, I can add a bit on it. I would be glad if you find this eBook useful for your studies and will always welcome your comments and suggestions
The eBook covers the topics like Functions of Operating System, Thread, Process, Virtual Memory, Real Time System, Hard and Soft Real Time System, Thrashing, Multi-tasking, CPU Scheduler, Context Switching, Cash Memory, Deadlock Detection and Prevention, Marshaling, Semaphore, Mutex, Memory Partitioning Paging and Segmentation, Page Fault and so on.
1. What are the basic functions of an operating system?
2. Why paging is used?
3. What resources are used when a thread created? How do they differ from those when a process is created?
4. What is virtual memory?
5. What is Throughput, Turnaround time, waiting time and Response time?
6. What is the state of the processor, when a process is waiting for some event to occur?
7. What is the important aspect of a real-time system or Mission Critical Systems?
8. What are the types of Real Time System?
9. What is the difference between Hard and Soft real-time systems?
10. What is the cause of thrashing? How does the system detect thrashing? Once it detects thrashing, what can the system do to eliminate this problem?
11. What are multi tasking, multi programming and multi threading?
12. What is hard disk and what is its purpose?
13. What is fragmentation? Different types of fragmentation?
14. What is DRAM? In which form does it store data?
15. What is Dispatcher?
16. What is CPU Scheduler?
17. What is Context Switch?
18. What is cache memory?
19. What is a Safe State and what is its use in deadlock avoidance?
20. What is a Real-Time System?
21. What is MUTEX?
22. What is the difference between a ‘thread’ and a ‘process’?
23. What is Semaphore?
24. What is Marshalling?
25. Define and Explain COM?
26. What is INODE?
27. What are the different process states?
28. What is marshalling?
29. What is Mutex Object?
30. What is semaphore?
31. Explain Memory Partitioning, Paging, Segmentation.
32. What is the Condition for deadlock occurrence?
33. What are the Methods for Handling Deadlocks?
34. What is a Safe State and its? use in deadlock avoidance?
35. What is the usage of Deadlock Detection-Algorithm?
36. What are the different Dynamic Storage-Allocation methods?
37. What is fragmentation? Different types of fragmentation?
38. Under what circumstances do page faults occur? Describe the actions taken by the operating system when a page fault occurs?
39. What is the cause of thrashing? How does the system detect thrashing? Once it detects thrashing, what can the system do to eliminate this problem?
40. Describe different job scheduling in operating systems.
41. What is a Real-Time System?
42. What is the main component of operating system
43. Explain briefly about, processor, assembler, compiler, loader, linker and the functions executed by them.
How to Download Operating Systems Short Questions and Answers eBook?
You might have been already figured out if you had downloaded any of the PS Exam eBook. Yes, all you have to do is to send an email to email@example.com. For this eBook you must put Subject OS QA on that email. Remember, your mail is handled by software and thus there is no need to write any message. Only email address and subject is what needed to send you the eBook.
Did you face any problem in getting this eBook? Just write a comment in this post and I’ll mail a copy to you.
Do not miss future eBooks?
Just give me your email address and you will be informed every time the new eBook is distributed.
Subscribe & Get eBooks in your mail
Yes, I respect your email privacy and assure that I will never sell or misuse other than to communicate you the updates of PS Exam. PS Exam never spams, its guarranteed!